Friday, March 13, 2009

75% off saves you tons of money

Today Derrick and I went to the store and before we went in I noticed a lady that had 3 big bags of clothes and i thought there must be a sale going on. Sure enough there was. They want to get rid of all the winter clothes, which were already on sale. They ended up marking them an additional 75% off the sale price. I decided to go look and they had tons of 3-4t clothes for boys, so I ended up getting almost all of the clothes in that size to save for next winter.
when I got home I added up the original price of the clothes and it came to a total of 368.69 dollars, then I added up the price we paid and that came to a total of 52.19. We saved a total of 316.50 dollars. I got a few 3 piece outfits and the original price was 24.99 and with the sale and clearance price we paid 3.24. I was so lucky I got all I did because usually when there is a sale like that there is nothing left. I think the sale started today and going in there when we did I was the one who cleared out the rack. I was pretty happy about it.
You had to look at the price tags however because they had to have a yellow mark on them and end in .96 to get the additional 75% off. March and september is a very good time to get clothes on clearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment