Friday, May 8, 2009

Fuji Safari Park

This last saturday we decided to take a trip to Fuji Safari Park to do one last fun thing before Derrick went to the ship. According to the map we had it would take about 1 hr 40 min to get there. It was not a bad drive at all, in fact we ended up seeing Mt. Fuji pretty close and also ended up driving in a forest. They actually have them here in Japan.
When we got there we wanted to park but had no idea where to go and they had a few japanese people pointing and telling us where to go. We ended up going to a part where you stay in your car and drive around and see lions, tigers, bears etc... as they roamed around. It was fun, but as we were waiting in line to drive through the oil light in the car came on. That was kind of scary, driving with all these animals not knowing if the car would make it through. I also thought about making the drive home and depending on traffic it could take over 2 hours to get home. We did however make it through the little safari area and had a wonderful time at the park.
It was all very hands on and I was able to be up close to animals, I never would have imagined. I have included the pictures below. There are quite a few of some of the animals we were able to feed and touch.
Before we left Derrick checked the oil and the car had oil, so he had no idea why the oil light came on. Here was the test now to see if we were going to make it home. I am so grateful for prayer and that I was taught the importance of prayer. We did say a prayer that we would be able to make it home safe. As we made our way home we ran into traffic, which I was expecting because we left right at rush traffic time, but we had no other choice because the park closed. WE ended up stopping at the Gotembo outlet mall, which was very expensive and was nothing like an outlet mall in the U.S. It was nice because by the time we were done looking at things and made our way back home there has hardly any traffic at all and were able to make it home pretty quickly with no problems and no oil light coming on. It has not come back on and it has been almost a week, but I have not driven it very much at all.
That saturday sure was sure was eventful and it was fun to see more of Japan.

1 comment: