Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1st day of swimming lessons

Today was the first day of swimming lessons for Cole. It ended up being a crazy morning. Cole slept till 9 (which he never does), I forgot to sew tucks in his swimming suit and we had to eat breakfast and leave by 9:45. I had everything all ready and I realized the only stroller I had was the jogging stroller, which was not bad but it was folded up in our storage closet. By the time I got to the swimming pool it was 10 and it started at 10. I went to the room where the pool was and nobody was there except the teacher. I guess nobody signed up for swimming lessons so they just bumped Cole back 30 minutes. Cole did pretty good until we got wet to go into the swimming pool. It was freezing cold and we were all expecting the water to be nice and warm, but no such luck. Cole was so cold he would not move. He pretty much stayed in a little ball. He would not kick his legs or move his arms just so he could stay warm. He ended up crying the last few minutes we were there and was too cold.
He did like getting a duck they had and towards the end the teacher had the kids stand on the side and jump in. After a few tries with me holding onto Cole as he jumped in he started to get a smile on his face, but it was too cold for him. We go again on friday. It will be interesting to see how he does on friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment